Stainless steel is quickly becoming the standard for modern, durable appliances. But it can sometimes be tricky to find cabinet colors that make stainless steel stand out the way you want.
In this article, we’ll go over:
- The 4 best kitchen cabinet colors for stainless steel appliances
- Cabinet hardware that complements stainless steel
Want to upgrade your cabinets to match your stainless steel appliances? Contact us online or call 480-641-9611 and we’ll send one of our cabinet experts to your home to give you a free consultation to refinish or reface your kitchen cabinets.
Cabinet color #1: White
You can’t go wrong with all white cabinets.
For a sleek modern look, choose white flat panel cabinets to offset the stainless steel appliances. Or, for a more traditional look, go with white or off-white Shaker cabinets or classic raised panel cabinets.
Love the modern look? Get more modern kitchen ideas in our blog “9 Modern Kitchen Ideas for Arizona Homes.”
Cabinet color #2: Grey
Looking to create a chic, contemporary vibe in your kitchen? Go with various shades of grey.
Pair your stainless steel appliances with a grey either darker or lighter than the stainless steel:
- Dark grey will give you a moodier look that will help the stainless steel pop
- Light grey will create an airier look that accents the stainless steel
We wouldn’t recommend trying to match your cabinet color with the shade of stainless steel. This could wash out the appliances, making them disappear against the cabinets.
If you like the idea of decorating in different shades of grey, go with dark grey walls for light grey cabinets and light grey walls for dark grey cabinets. Contrasting the light and dark on cabinets and walls will help avoid your kitchen from being too dark or too light.
Cabinet color #3: Blue
Blue will create a classic, calming kitchen—giving you a bit of color without going overboard. The great thing about stainless steel is that it can be paired with dark or light blue cabinet colors.
- Light blue cabinets will create a timeless look that helps brighten and open up your kitchen
- Dark blue or navy cabinets will have a warmer feel that gives your kitchen a bold, sophisticated look
Blue cabinet colors—both light and dark—work well with white walls or, if you like the idea of going with various shades, contrast your blue cabinets with a different shade of blue on the walls.
You can also pair blue cabinets and stainless steel appliances with grey accents or, for a fun, bold kitchen, other colors with cool undertones like greens and purples.
Cabinet color #4: Natural wood
Believe it or not, the textures and warm brown colors of natural wood are a beautiful contrast to the sleek silver of stainless steel.
You can choose:
- Darker wood cabinet stains for a bold, dramatic look. Dark wood cabinets go great with bold wall colors.
- Lighter wood cabinet stains to create a lighter, warmer atmosphere in your kitchen. Light wood cabinets pair well with warm neutral wall colors (beige, taupe, off-white, etc.).
Looking for something more vibrant? Go bold.
Stainless steel is so versatile because it can go with either warm colors (reds, oranges and yellows) or cool colors (blues, greens and purples). Why not brighten up your kitchen with a vibrant cabinet color?
Cool bold colors that go well with stainless steel appliances:
- Forest green
- Dark teal
Warm bold colors that go well with stainless steel appliances:
- Burnt orange
- Dark red
- Mustard yellow
To avoid getting too bold in your kitchen, you’ll want to stick with a more mellow paint color and modest cabinet hardware.
Complement stainless steel with cabinet hardware
The knobs and handles on your cabinets have a big impact on the overall look and feel of your kitchen. If you’re updating your cabinets, don’t forget to update your cabinet hardware as well to finish the look.
Cabinet hardware that goes well with stainless steel includes:
- Stainless steel or brushed nickel: Matching metals—or close to it with brushed nickel—is a great way to tie your cabinets with the stainless steel appliances.
- Brass: If you’re going with a dark or bold cabinet color, the matte of brushed brass will pair well with the stainless steel—giving you that mixed-metal look—and pop against the bold cabinet color.
- Patterned ceramic: For a little added texture, go with patterned ceramic drawer pulls that match the color scheme of your cabinets.
Ready to update your kitchen cabinets?
Contact us online or at 480-641-9611 to schedule a free consultation. We’ll send one of our cabinet experts to your home, where they’ll go over your cabinet style and color options, and then give you a same-day, no-obligation quote to upgrade your kitchen cabinets to match your stainless steel appliances.
For over 20 years Tim has overseen operations and production. He makes sure our clients’ projects get the attention and care needed in order to transform each space as seamlessly as possible. His special attention to detail and his many years in this industry have made him a master craftsman. Tim and his team turn the vision into a reality.