In short, whether you should install wall cabinets in your laundry room depends on your unique needs and situation.
When deciding whether your laundry room needs wall cabinets, think about:
- Your laundry room needs
- Everything you need storage for
- Your preferred level of organization and customization
- The size of your laundry room
- How much you’re willing to spend
We’ll go over each consideration in more detail.
Want to install laundry room wall cabinets? Contact us online or call 480-641-9611. One of our cabinet experts will come to your home for a same-day, no-obligation quote to install wall cabinets in your laundry room.
What Are Your Laundry Room Needs?
The answer may be as simple as “I just need a place to do laundry.” But if your laundry room doubles as a cleaning or linen closet, craft room, or other storage room, you’ll likely need storage space for more than just laundry supplies.
Installing wall cabinets allows you to maximize your storage space by using unused wall space.
What Do You Need Storage For?
It helps to think about everything you need to store in your laundry room, so you don’t end up installing a bunch of pre-assembled wall cabinets that don’t suit your unique needs.
For example, if you’re storing:
- Supplies in bottles and cans (detergent, softener, dryer sheets, starch, etc.), you’ll likely want a lot of shelves or sliding racks for easy access. You may also want to keep those items in bins for better organization, in which case you’ll need shelves deep enough to hold them.
- Towels and other linens, you’ll need plenty of shelf space.
- Irons, small ironing boards, or other equipment, you’ll probably want cabinets with adjustable shelves so you can customize shelf height to accommodate the larger items.
In addition to what items you need to store, think about how you want to store those items.
How Organized/Customized Do You Need the Space?
Some people are fine with just putting all of their laundry supplies on a shelf. Other people need everything to have a dedicated home, categorized in bins.
If you want more organization options in your laundry room, installing wall cabinets will allow you to customize how you organize the space. It will also let you keep everything behind great-looking cabinets instead of racks or shelves sitting out in the open.
At Cabinet Coatings, we’ve been customizing laundry room cabinets for decades, so we know all the dos and don’ts of laundry room cabinets. We can also give you ideas for tailoring your existing laundry room cabinets to your needs with custom-built features like:
- Deep drawers to hold unsightly hampers
- Tall cabinets for hang drying clothes and housing cleaning and laundry equipment
- Flat drawers with mesh inserts for drying delicates
- Ironing boards built into drawers or tall cabinets
The size of your laundry room also plays a big factor in how you organize it.
What Size Is Your Laundry Room?
The average size of laundry rooms in Arizona is 54 square feet.
If your laundry room is:
- Average to large, you could get away with not installing wall cabinets. You might be fine with just lower cabinets, or you can add shelving or even a free-standing storage cabinet to house all of your laundry room supplies without having to pay for a wall cabinet installation.
- Small or shared with another room, you may want to install wall cabinets to utilize unused wall space and maximize your storage space.
One of the most important factors you’ll want to consider is how much you’re willing to spend installing wall cabinets.
How Much Are You Willing to Budget?
You could spend anywhere from a couple of hundred dollars to over $8,000 installing wall cabinets in your laundry room.
How much you’ll actually spend will depend on:
- The number and layout of the cabinets. Your installation cost will increase with the size and number of wall cabinets. You’ll also pay more if the cabinets have to be installed in a tricky area or include custom features.
- The company you choose. You’ll pay more for better-quality cabinet companies, but they’re always worth the additional cost in the long run. Quality professionals will make sure to install your wall cabinets right, making them last decades.
Learn more about laundry room remodel and cabinet installation costs in our blog “How Much Does it Cost to Remodel a Laundry Room in AZ?”
Want to Install Laundry Room Wall Cabinets? Call Cabinet Coatings Today.
Schedule an appointment online or call us at 480-641-9611. We’ll talk with you about your laundry room needs, then give you a free in-home or virtual consultation that same day. Our finishing pros will help you bring your dream laundry room to life.
For 20 plus years chuck has been helping homeowners make decisions on how to bring new life into their kitchens. Most homeowners know what they want but don’t know how to communicate it. When chuck does the in-home consultation he draws from the client and uses his expertise to help them bring their imagination to life (achieve the look they imagine.) Chuck dubs himself a “professional mind maker upper.”