Custom bathroom cabinets in Phoenix can range anywhere from $1,500 to over $9,000.
The exact cost you’ll pay to customize your bathroom cabinets depends on:
- Size and length of the cabinets
- Cabinet material
- Whether you upgrade cabinet hardware
- Vanity countertop material
We’ll cover each cost factor in more detail.
Cost factor #1: Cabinet size and length
The more cabinets you have and the bigger they are, the more customizing them will cost.
If you’re looking for a semi-custom bathroom vanity with a few drawers or doors, you’ll likely pay the lower end of the price range above.
But you’ll pay more if you want a fully custom vanity as well as additional cabinets to store towels and toiletries. Some popular bathroom cabinets styles include:
- Floor-to-ceiling cabinets. Whether you want to decorate open shelving or prefer to keep your goods behind closed doors, floor-to-ceiling cabinets give you plenty of storage space in your bathroom.
- Pull-out organizers and laundry storage. For spaces that are too narrow for a regular door or drawer, pull-out organizers are a great option for easy-to-access storage space.
- Drawer dividers. Tired of messing with baskets and cheap, plastic drawer organizers? With custom bathroom cabinets, you can have drawer dividers installed to help better organize your tools and toiletries.
Thinking about remodeling your entire bathroom (not just the cabinets)? Check out our blog “How Much Does it Cost to Remodel a Bathroom in AZ?” to get an idea of how much you can expect to spend.
Cost factor #2: Cabinet material
Better quality cabinet materials will increase the cost of your custom bathroom cabinets.
For example, solid hardwood cabinets will cost more than those made of engineered wood (plywood or particle board).
However, solid wood cabinets are usually worth the extra cost in the long run because they can last upwards of 30–50 years. Particle board and plywood cabinets usually last between 15 and 20 years.
Because solid wood is the better quality material, Cabinet Coatings installs solid hardwood doors and drawer fronts for every bathroom cabinet remodel.
Cost factor #3: New hardware
Installing new hardware will add to the overall cost of your bathroom cabinet remodel.
That said, cabinet pulls have a big impact on the overall look and feel of your bathroom—so we recommend footing the extra cost to customize your cabinets that much more. Bathroom cabinet pulls can range from a few dollars to over $20 for each handle or knob.
Whether you want decorative, ornate handles for a more traditional bathroom or minimal knobs for a sleek, modern feel, your cabinet expert can help you choose from hundreds of cabinet pull options to create the look you want.
Cost factor #4: Vanity countertop material
The job will cost more if you choose a high-quality countertop material for your bathroom vanity, and will increase with the size of the vanity.
Countertop materials range from $5-$200 per square foot.
Some of the most common bathroom countertop materials are:
- Tile: Coming in porcelain, ceramic and glass, tile is a versatile option for bathroom countertops. Tile can range anywhere from $5–$20 per square foot for DIY sheets to over $200 per square foot for hand-crafted artisan tiles.
- Granite: Granite is a premium countertop option that adds a luxurious look to your bathroom. Most natural granite countertops cost between $50 and $175 per square foot.
- Quartz: Quartz can come in just about any color and pattern, even styles that look like marble or granite, and costs $100–$200 per square foot. Learn more about the difference between quartz granite countertops on our blog.
- Concrete: A popular trend for bathroom countertops, concrete is a durable option that ranges from $65–$140 per square foot to install.
- Veneer: Veneers are thin sheets of material (usually wood or laminate) adhered to the countertop base material. Veneers are an affordable option—costing between $15 and $60 per square foot—but aren’t the best option for countertops or cabinets, which is why we’d never use veneers in your bathroom cabinet remodel
Ready to customize your bathroom cabinets?
Schedule an appointment online or call us at 480-641-9611 for a no-obligation quote to transform your bathroom cabinets. One of our Phoenix cabinet experts will come to your home, discuss the layout and design of the bathroom cabinets you want, and give you a free in-home or virtual consultation.