If you’re looking into a complete kitchen remodel, one of the first steps will be the cabinetry demolition and removal process.
And if you’re not up for the physical labor required to dismantle and remove the existing cabinetry, you’re probably wondering how much it would cost to hire a professional for this job.
The cost to have your kitchen cabinets removed in the Arizona area typically ranges anywhere from $200 to $1,400+.
In this blog, we’ll cover:
- The factors that may impact your overall cost for cabinetry removal
- Finding the right demolition contractor
- Finding the right cabinet remodeling contractor
Interested in a kitchen cabinet upgrade? Trust Cabinet Coatings to get the job done right. We offer kitchen cabinet remodeling services to help you transform the look and feel of your kitchen. Get started with a free, no obligation in-home consultation. We also offer video consultations!
Cost factors of a cabinet removal project
The cost to remove cabinetry ranges widely (as seen in our price range above) and that’s because there are quite a few factors that can raise or lower the price.
For example, your cabinet removal cost could increase if:
- Your kitchen features difficult configurations. If your kitchen cabinets are unusually deep or high, it can make the demolition process more complicated, which typically increases labor costs. Additionally, if your kitchen has multiple gas lines that need to be carefully avoided or has a significant amount of appliances that need to be protected, this can increase the complexity of the job.
- You have a particularly large kitchen. The larger the kitchen, the more work typically needs to be done, which will increase the cost and time of the job.
- You also need countertops and appliances removed. The more work you need done to your kitchen, the more the job will typically cost. For example, if you want your cabinetry removed as well as your countertops and appliances removed, you’ll likely pay more than you would if you only needed your cabinetry demolished and removed.
- Mold, asbestos or lead is found. If any mold, asbestos or lead is found during the demolition, extra time and care will need to be taken to have it thoroughly removed. This will increase the time, materials and labor costs associated with the job.
Finding the right demolition contractor
There are tons of contractors who will be willing to take on your cabinet removal/demolition job. Beware, though, not all contractors are equal in skill and/or honesty.
To ensure that you’re getting the right contractor for your job, follow these tips:
- Get 2-3 quotes from different contractors. Review the quotes with each contractor in depth and ask what is involved in the price they give you (p.s. Make sure they provide the quote in writing). Ask about clean up, removal, etc. to ensure everything you need them to handle is included in the price they quote you (and not hidden fees that will skyrocket the price later).
- Ensure that the contractors are licensed, insured and bonded in the state of Arizona. Ask each contractor to provide the documentation needed to confirm that they are qualified to perform the job.
- Check reviews on sites like BBB, Google and Yelp. Steer clear of any contractors who have an alarming number of negative reviews.
The final step: Find the right cabinet remodeling contractor
No matter how successful your cabinet removal and demolition project is, the time and money will go to waste if you don’t choose the right contractor for your new kitchen cabinets.
Your kitchen remodel deserves to be handled by professionals who take the time to understand your vision and bring it to life in a timely manner.
If you’re looking for cabinet remodeling professionals in Arizona, trust Cabinet Coatings. We’ve been around since 1996—longer than any local competitor. We have the experience, tools and skill to help you build and achieve your dream kitchen.
We can help you with any cabinet demolition questions or advice and can even handle installing new countertops customized to match your new cabinetry. Learn more about our kitchen remodeling process or, if you’re ready for your dream kitchen, contact us to schedule your free in-home consultation—we also offer virtual consultations by phone or video!
For over 20 years Tim has overseen operations and production. He makes sure our clients’ projects get the attention and care needed in order to transform each space as seamlessly as possible. His special attention to detail and his many years in this industry have made him a master craftsman. Tim and his team turn the vision into a reality.